Definición de impediment en inglés:
1A hindrance or obstruction in doing something: a serious impediment to scientific progress
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Certainly there was no major legal impediment to multifunctional banking, in which commercial and investment banking are combined.
- But compliance costs are a very major impediment to growth for smaller businesses.
- There should be no greater legal impediment to the movement and trade in one case than in the others.
hindrance, obstruction, obstacle, barrier, bar, handicap, block, check, curb, brake, restraint, restriction, limitation, encumbrance, deterrent;
British informal spanner in the works
North American informal monkey wrench in the works
2 (also speech impediment) A defect in a person’s speech, such as a lisp or stammer.
- ‘His lisp was a natural speech impediment, but I think [the producers] were concerned over how it would be received,’ he says.
- Is stuttering considered a speech impediment or a learning disability?
- It also brought out that the young Erika had a speech impediment - a stammer that was so bad she had to go to a special school for one year!
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan