1Not perfect; faulty or incomplete: an imperfect grasp of English
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It makes no sense in a machine world to limit the functionality of perfect components so that imperfect components don't wear out or break - certainly not if you can replace them.
- And thus, it had been the perfect end to the imperfect day.
- It's tough trying to be perfect in an imperfect world.
faulty, flawed, defective, shoddy, unsound, unsaleable, unsellable, unfit, inferior, second-rate, below par, below standard, substandard;
inoperative, malfunctioning, not functioning, not working, out of order, in a state of disrepair
informal not up to snuff, not up to scratch, tenth-rate, crummy, lousy
2 Grammar (Of a tense) denoting a past action in progress but not completed at the time in question.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Gee, was that an imperfect tense or an indicative?
- By his use of the Hebrew imperfect tense, the psalmist shows his present trust in God is based on past experiences of God's presence and help.
- In Spanish, Senora Montoya invited me into her classroom, boasting about my superior abilities to conjugate verbs in the imperfect tense the quickest in the class.
4 Law (Of a gift, title, etc.) transferred without all the necessary conditions or requirements being met.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The claimant's evidence was that the purported but imperfect gift had been made a long time previously and not (as the letter said) after receipt of Mr Blake's letter.
- But the lessee's solicitors have been happy to be sitting there with this imperfect title for months.
- The donor, having by then changed his mind, declines to perfect the imperfect gift in favour of the intended donee.
sustantivo(the imperfect) Grammar
The imperfect tense.
Palabras que riman con imperfectperfect, pluperfect, word-perfect
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda