Definición de imperfect en inglés:
1Not perfect; faulty or incomplete: an imperfect grasp of English
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It makes no sense in a machine world to limit the functionality of perfect components so that imperfect components don't wear out or break - certainly not if you can replace them.
- And thus, it had been the perfect end to the imperfect day.
- It's tough trying to be perfect in an imperfect world.
faulty, flawed, defective, shoddy, unsound, unsaleable, unsellable, unfit, inferior, second-rate, below par, below standard, substandard;
inoperative, malfunctioning, not functioning, not working, out of order, in a state of disrepair
informal not up to snuff, not up to scratch, tenth-rate, crummy, lousy
2 Grammar (Of a tense) denoting a past action in progress but not completed at the time in question.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Gee, was that an imperfect tense or an indicative?
- By his use of the Hebrew imperfect tense, the psalmist shows his present trust in God is based on past experiences of God's presence and help.
- In Spanish, Senora Montoya invited me into her classroom, boasting about my superior abilities to conjugate verbs in the imperfect tense the quickest in the class.
4 Law (Of a gift, title, etc.) transferred without all the necessary conditions or requirements being met.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The claimant's evidence was that the purported but imperfect gift had been made a long time previously and not (as the letter said) after receipt of Mr Blake's letter.
- But the lessee's solicitors have been happy to be sitting there with this imperfect title for months.
- The donor, having by then changed his mind, declines to perfect the imperfect gift in favour of the intended donee.
sustantivo(the imperfect) Grammar Volver al principio
The imperfect tense.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The point of departure for reform is always an idea or institution that is affirmed but considered to have been imperfectly or defectively realized.
- This was an important point because it meant that even apparently incomplete or imperfectly formed sentences could be understood by means of syntactic links.
- These people have abandoned their own religion as so much bunk, but have enthusiastically embraced Buddhism, which they imperfectly understand.
Palabras que riman con imperfectperfect, pluperfect, word-perfect
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India