Definición de implacable en inglés:
- It is easy dealing with an implacable enemy.
- In more civilized times even the most implacable enemies were treated with dignity.
- The man who is supposed to be protecting them is somehow their fiercest and most implacable enemy.
- This madness is the implacable and relentless determination to kill insight and awareness, even at the expense of destroying the island they depend on.
- The movie's pace is as relentless and implacable as its villain.
- English fortresses fell one by one before his implacable determination.
please from (Middle English):
A word that comes via Old French plaisir ‘to please’ from Latin placere, found also in implacable (Late Middle English). Phrases like yes, please were originally short for ‘may it please you’ or ‘let it please you’. Please on its own, as used today, was not known to Shakespeare, who used please you: ‘Will you hear the letter?—So please you, for I never heard it yet’ (As You Like It). The proverbs you can't please everyone and little things please little minds are both old and can be traced back to the late 15th and late 16th centuries. Something pleasant (Middle English) was originally something ‘pleasing’, the meaning of the word in its French source. If you were complacent (mid 17th century) you were originally willing to go along with what pleases others.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- And the grotesque form of it - a child's story - only adds to the sardonic implacability of it.
- He rejoiced in the implacability of history and the tyranny of absolutes.
- But, while one admires Franz for arguing that he has borne witness to the evil others ignore, his implacability makes him a less complex protagonist.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Whatever I might be able to say to him today, he seems fairly implacably opposed to the provisions.
- All reasonable points, but with the government implacably committed to the card and a wide coalition of lobbies implacably committed against, there is little prospect of a reasonable debate.
- Thus, many journalists have become implacably resistant to the idea that these political leaders are lying about profoundly important matters, let alone engaging in serious or illegal misconduct.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.