- 1The action of implanting or state of being implanted: the implantation of alien or artificial hearts [count noun]: hormone implantationsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Whether these alien chip implantations are part of another government project or are actually implanted by aliens is a whole discussion in itself.
- Worldwide there have so far been only some 50 implantations for OCD and 15 for depression, but the technology suggests a not-too-distant future when options other than drugs may be available to sufferers of serious mental illness.
- He suggested that I have knee implantations, but I'm not sure if I want to go that route.
- 1.1 Zoology & Medicine (In a mammal) the attachment of the fertilized egg or blastocyst to the wall of the womb at the start of pregnancy. Also called nidation.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Gestation lasts two months, but the young may be born up to a year after mating because these otters employ delayed implantation of the fertilized egg in the uterus.
- The term referred to the embryo before its implantation in the womb.
- If fertilization occurs, progesterone supports implantation of the ovum and maintains the pregnancy.
late 16th century: from French, from implanter 'to implant'.
Más definiciones de implantationDefinición de implantation en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.