Definición de implicature en inglés:
1The action of implying a meaning beyond the literal sense of what is explicitly stated, for example saying the frame is nice and implying I don’t like the picture in it.
- In saying ‘Some dogs are mammals,’ the speaker conveys by implicature that not all dogs are mammals.
- But on the other hand, what is said can be notoriously elusive - especially in just those cases that the theory of conversational implicature was supposed to illuminate.
- The so-called discourse implicature refers to the intention of interlocutors inferred in verbal expressions, textual versions or non-verbal behavior that are rooted on specific cultural awareness.
1.1 [count noun] An implied meaning.
- This work is also relevant to the treatment of scalar implicatures in the reasoning literature.
- I'd say that conversational implicatures should be those that are generated in roughly Gricean fashion, and that not all of these are cancelable.
- Overall, these findings indicate that children do not treat all scalar terms alike and, more importantly, that children's ability to derive scalar implicatures is affected by their awareness of the goal of the task.
Definición de implicature en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan