Collapse or cause to collapse violently inwards: [no object]: both the windows had imploded [with object]: the plasma implodes the fuel
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The window to my left bowed inwards, then imploded in a spray of bottle-green glass and the carriage jerked violently to the side under me, slamming me into the upholstered wall.
- The south tower collapsed on itself, imploding with a force that sent up a cloud of dust and debris so dense it could be seen by satellites orbiting Earth.
- The plasma flying out from the ablation layer implodes the fuel, compressing its density about a thousand times and causing it to burn.
late 19th century: from in-2 'within' + Latin plodere, plaudere 'to clap', on the pattern of explode.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We've compiled a list of the most significant implosions of the recent past and the stories surrounding them.
- While we don't often hear about them, there are plenty of implosions happening in Europe.
- Even though all the buildings had exactly the same design, blasters handled the implosions differently for each phase.
Definición de implode en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.