- Make (an area of the seabed) into a polder by reclaiming it from the sea.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some were impoldered with embankments, pumps, and deep canals, but those proved hard to maintain.
- But, as the main waterways became silted up and were impoldered, the character of the city changed.
- A number of inland areas have been also been empoldered, some of them provided with pump drainage.
late 19th century: from Dutch impolderen.
Más definiciones de impolderDefinición de impolder en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.