Definición de impressionism en inglés:
- Impressionism had revolutionized the traditional art world.
- It took nearly 20 years until impressionism was finally recognized and appreciated in France.
- In the 1880s, when impressionism began to become popular in the eyes of the public, it had in reality gone into crisis.
- His works have covered many different styles from impressionism to his own take on the classical style, and all reflect his mastery of the medium.
- Minimalist art is not a recognizable style like impressionism, but rather an art movement.
- The company produces limited edition fine art prints that are directly applied to textured canvas, with varying styles from abstract to impressionism.
- His formative student years were spent in Paris as a pupil of d' Indy at the Schola Cantorum, though he learnt more from the impressionism of Debussy and Ravel.
- The Prelude for Orchestra opens slowly in a way that reminds us, if nothing else, of musical impressionism's roots in Wagner.
- The score deftly combines Thai folk music and French impressionism in a rhapsodic manner.
The impressionist painters repudiated both the precise academic style and the emotional concerns of romanticism, and their interest in objective representation, especially of landscape, was influenced by early photography. Impressionism met at first with scorn, but soon became highly influential. Its chief exponents included Monet, Renoir, Pissarro, Cézanne, and Degas
from French impressionnisme, from impressionniste, originally applied unfavourably with reference to Monet's painting Impression: soleil levant (1872).
Definición de impressionism en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.