- Latin American markets have also been boosted by improvements in their domestic economies.
- Eden District Council said the development would also bring improvements to the road.
- It is hoped that the results will help them find out how to make improvements and developments.
- It's clear that there is significant room for improvement here without spending vast amounts of public money.
- But from what you've all been saying there's clearly a lot of room for improvement across the board.
- Police watchdogs in Lancashire have reported a good year across the county, but with room for improvement.
- Overall 29 per cent of crimes in Wiltshire were detected, an improvement on last year.
- This was a vast improvement on their awful form in the Connacht Final against Mayo in Castlebar.
- In general farmers agree the weather is an improvement on last summer when rain was non-stop.
Late Middle English emprowement (in the sense 'profitable management or use; profit'), from Anglo-Norman French, from emprower (see improve).
The early spelling was emprowement used to mean ‘profitable management, profit’. It derives from Anglo-Norman French, based on Old French prou ‘profit’, ultimately from Latin prodest ‘is of advantage’.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: im¦prove|ment
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.