Definición de impugn en inglés:
Dispute the truth, validity, or honesty of (a statement or motive); call into question: the father does not impugn her capacity as a good mother
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They have also attacked the professor personally by impugning his motives and accusing him of opportunism.
- Now actually look at what we say, rather than impugning our motives.
- I really don't have a problem with the substance of his rejoinder, and I certainly did not mean to impugn his motives in my original post.
late Middle English (also in the sense 'assault, attack physically'): from Latin impugnare 'assail', from in- 'towards' + pugnare 'fight'.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I am, therefore, of the clear view that as a matter of English law, if unaffected by international considerations, the justices' decision is not impugnable as a matter of law in this court.
- The plaintiff does not submit that the conduct is impugnable otherwise than under the Ontario Human Rights Act.
Palabras que riman con impugnafternoon, attune, autoimmune, baboon, balloon, bassoon, bestrewn, boon, Boone, bridoon, buffoon, Cameroon, Cancún, cardoon, cartoon, Changchun, cocoon, commune, croon, doubloon, dragoon, dune, festoon, galloon, goon, harpoon, hoon, immune, importune, Irgun, jejune, June, Kowloon, lagoon, lampoon, loon, macaroon, maroon, monsoon, moon, Muldoon, noon, oppugn, picayune, platoon, poltroon, pontoon, poon, prune, puccoon, raccoon, Rangoon, ratoon, rigadoon, rune, saloon, Saskatoon, Sassoon, Scone, soon, spittoon, spoon, swoon, Troon, tune, tycoon, typhoon, Walloon
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia