Definición de impugn en inglés:
Dispute the truth, validity, or honesty of (a statement or motive); call into question: the father does not impugn her capacity as a good mother
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They have also attacked the professor personally by impugning his motives and accusing him of opportunism.
- Now actually look at what we say, rather than impugning our motives.
- I really don't have a problem with the substance of his rejoinder, and I certainly did not mean to impugn his motives in my original post.
late Middle English (also in the sense 'assault, attack physically'): from Latin impugnare 'assail', from in- 'towards' + pugnare 'fight'.
- Example sentences
- I am, therefore, of the clear view that as a matter of English law, if unaffected by international considerations, the justices' decision is not impugnable as a matter of law in this court.
- The plaintiff does not submit that the conduct is impugnable otherwise than under the Ontario Human Rights Act.
Words that rhyme with impugnafternoon, attune, autoimmune, baboon, balloon, bassoon, bestrewn, boon, Boone, bridoon, buffoon, Cameroon, Cancún, cardoon, cartoon, Changchun, cocoon, commune, croon, doubloon, dragoon, dune, festoon, galloon, goon, harpoon, hoon, immune, importune, Irgun, jejune, June, Kowloon, lagoon, lampoon, loon, macaroon, maroon, monsoon, moon, Muldoon, noon, oppugn, picayune, platoon, poltroon, pontoon, poon, prune, puccoon, raccoon, Rangoon, ratoon, rigadoon, rune, saloon, Saskatoon, Sassoon, Scone, soon, spittoon, spoon, swoon, Troon, tune, tycoon, typhoon, Walloon
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan