- 1The beginning or introduction of a system, policy, or period: the inauguration of an independent prosecution serviceMás ejemplos en oraciones
initiation, institution, setting up, launch, establishment, foundation, founding, origination, formation; beginning, start, inception• formal commencementinstallation, instatement, induction, swearing in; investiture; coronation, enthronement, crowningconsecration; unveiling
- A ceremony was held earlier in the day to mark the inauguration of the program.
- He was also responsible for the inauguration of the Empire Service, which has been held in Cheltenham for a number of years.
- This destroyed the majority on which the Directors had been able to rely since the inauguration of the constitution.
- 1.1The formal admission of someone to office: the President’s inaugurationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He also performed at a concert during the week of the president's inauguration.
- You know, we talked about the idea of a potential terrorist threat against the inauguration.
- However, the main flyover will be ready for inauguration by December 2004.
- 1.2 [count noun] A ceremony to mark the beginning or introduction of something: the inauguration of the Modern Art MuseumMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Chief Minister requested the Railway Minister to fix the date for its inauguration, preferably next month.
- The inauguration will be followed by cultural events where at least 50 colleges are expected to participate.
- In Hannover, fireworks marked the inauguration of the AWD arena.