verbo (past and past participle inbred)[no object] (often as noun inbreeding)
- Breed from closely related people or animals, especially over many generations: persistent inbreeding has produced an unusually high frequency of sufferers from this disease if they are allowed to inbreed even further this can eventually spoil the species [with object]: Herbie likes to inbreed his family of pigeonsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Furthermore, the best, and indeed the only way to fix a set of alleles within a breed is through inbreeding.
- This was necessary to avoid the closer inbreeding when the breed became endangered.
- With inbreeding among gametes, however, an entirely different picture emerges.
Más definiciones de inbreedDefinición de inbreed en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.