Definición de inceptive en inglés:
1Relating to or marking the beginning of something; initial: the inceptive period of the program
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After quick cooling down, the inceptive sunshade curtain is set to a curled finished sunshade curtain.
- And this is also true of the person who relies for his inceptive right upon a filing.
- And of course the most outstanding example of an inceptive cyborg where mind and matter are linked into one functional device is a living biological system.
1.1 Grammar (Of a verb) expressing the beginning of an action.
- Many of the most frequently used verbs in English are merely inceptive variants of other common verbs.
- In colloquial use, this affix may be appended to the inceptive copulas and to verbs as well, though this is considered uneducated.
- This same phrase is repeated later in but with an inceptive prefix emphasizing the inchoative sense.
sustantivoGrammar Volver al principio
early 17th century (as a noun): from late Latin inceptivus, from incept- 'begun', from the verb incipere.
Definición de inceptive en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan