1Relating to or marking the beginning of something; initial: the inceptive period of the program
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After quick cooling down, the inceptive sunshade curtain is set to a curled finished sunshade curtain.
- And this is also true of the person who relies for his inceptive right upon a filing.
- And of course the most outstanding example of an inceptive cyborg where mind and matter are linked into one functional device is a living biological system.
1.1 Grammar (Of a verb) expressing the beginning of an action.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Many of the most frequently used verbs in English are merely inceptive variants of other common verbs.
- In colloquial use, this affix may be appended to the inceptive copulas and to verbs as well, though this is considered uneducated.
- This same phrase is repeated later in but with an inceptive prefix emphasizing the inchoative sense.
Early 17th century (as a noun): from late Latin inceptivus, from incept- 'begun', from the verb incipere.
Definición de inceptive en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda