- The Public Order Act of 1986 made it a criminal offence to incite racial hatred - but its provisions do not extend to sexual orientation.
- I am aware that Britain has legislation which makes it a criminal offence to incite racial hatred.
- Britain must be free to act against extremists who stir up hatred and incite terrorism.
- Thus pre-vindicated, any troublemaker can now articulate his freedom of umbrage, on the grounds that he was incited to violence by a poem, novel, painting, play, or critique.
- And it did not incite me to physical violence, but it changed me, materially, and my world.
- Students in the band said they're just singing the lyrics and not inciting anyone to do anything.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- All populist right-wing movements, inciters to violence and hatred, are adept in the language of Grievance.
- But the possibility that apathy may subvert anarchy does not absolve its inciters from responsibility.
- All along we've thought that something subversive was in our midst, perhaps a maker of effigies, or an inciter of revolutions.
Late 15th century (earlier (late Middle English) as incitation): from French inciter, from Latin incitare, from in- 'towards' + citare 'rouse'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: in¦cite
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.