- 1A plane inclined at an angle to the horizontal.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In these experiments, he rolled objects down an inclined plane; the traditional story that he dropped weights from the Leaning Tower of Pisa was a myth.
- In particular the work contains his important idea that one could test theories about falling bodies using an inclined plane to slow down the rate of descent.
- During that year he completely revised his treatise on mechanics and resumed his earlier studies of natural motion, discovering his first two correct theorems concerning motions along inclined planes.
- 1.1A sloping ramp up which heavy loads can be raised by ropes or chains.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To solve this problem, coal was lowered from the higher levels by means of an inclined plane, the long, narrow barges riding on iron frames operated by hand-winches.
- I'm not that smart when it comes to things that do things, like cars, pulleys, and inclined planes.
- Most of us don't need to research the physics behind inclined planes, levers, wheels, or axles to be confident that they generate power and make life easier for us large-brained, tool-making Homo sapiens.
Más definiciones de inclined planeDefinición de inclined plane en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.