Definición de incorrect en inglés:
- But the reporter did have some of her data incorrect and drew some wrong conclusions.
- Women are expected to defer to men even when male views are seen as wrong or incorrect.
- They are dishonest, misleading, factually incorrect, selective with data and paranoid.
- However, that is just my gut reaction, I have no definitive grounds to rule you grammatically incorrect.
- A not uncommon objection is that the questions framed by the national court are, in some sense, incorrect.
- This is just a blatant incorrect usage that happened so often that the rules changed.
late Middle English: from Latin incorrectus, from in- 'not' + correctus 'made straight, amended' (see correct). Originally in the general sense 'uncorrected', the word was later applied specifically to a book containing many errors because it had not been corrected for the press; hence sense 2 (late 17th century).
- Example sentences
- I note with interest the recent installation of a village sign that appears to have been incorrectly spelt.
- He claimed, incorrectly, that the last DVD I rented was returned a day late.
- In the excitement it is easy to forget that fireworks are explosives and can be very dangerous in the wrong hands or if used incorrectly.
- Example sentences
- Now the political incorrectness of lighting up has taken the war on cigarettes from the realm of everyday life to a place where the curtain seems set to fall on the art of smoking in public performances.
- Yet, in its clumsiness and incorrectness, it more accurately conveys Pamela's sense that she has done nothing wrong, though she is made to feel as if she has.
- His conclusion in particular was stirring in its content and delivery, and very welcome in its determined political incorrectness.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.