Definición de incorruptible en inglés:
1Not susceptible to corruption, especially by bribery.
- As celebrated in their own eyes, these are always the true, the fearless, and the incorruptible revealers of corruption.
- For us who were sinful, he gave up the holy one; for the wicked the innocent one; the just one for the unjust; the incorruptible one for corruptible men; and for us mortals the immortal one.
- His protagonist-heroes, especially the Chief Justice in The Lawyer and the Libertine and the film director in Appointment at Amalfi, show a scrupulous and incorruptible concern for truth and justice.
2Not subject to death or decay; everlasting.
- I am about to receive the incorruptible, indestructible, ever-living Seed of the Word of God.
- Earthly things were mortal - subject to change and transition - while the stars and planets were eternal and incorruptible.
- By nature they are eternal and incorruptible, but Eriugena also thinks of individual created things as located spatially and temporally.
Middle English: from Old French, or from ecclesiastical Latin incorruptibilis, from in- 'not' + corruptibilis 'corruptible'.
- Example sentences
- Integrity implies trustworthiness and incorruptibility to a degree that one is incapable of being false to a trust, responsibility, or pledge.
- That says an awful lot about the integrity and incorruptibility of the man.
- They see little potential for abuse, because they believe that by virtue of his arriving at the ‘correct’ leftist viewpoint, an individual has demonstrated his intellectual and moral incorruptibility.
- Example sentences
- Orwell saw the merit of the English judges as lying in their interpretation of the law according to the books and in their doing so incorruptibly.
- The good is rescued from the forces of cynicism and betrayal by a hero who is simply yet incorruptibly himself: his guilelessness is a kind of saving grace.
- And he knew that she actually enjoyed sharing and keeping those secrets, that she was incorruptibly loyal to him.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan