Definición de incubator en inglés:
1An enclosed apparatus in which premature or unusually small babies are placed and which provides a controlled and protective environment for their care.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The men raised £655.28 for BLISS - a charity which provides incubators to hospitals with premature babies.
- The baby will be placed in a special incubator in an intensive care unit and monitored around the clock.
- In the go-go days, dot.coms went public and were coddled by investors like premature babies in incubators.
1.1An apparatus used to hatch eggs or grow microorganisms under controlled conditions.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He had to balance conditions inside the incubator to make sure the fungus would not grow and the eggs would not dry up.
- While sealing containers with parafilm can adversely affect plant growth, maximum elongation of the well-watered controls on filter boards was similar whether they were sealed with parafilm or grown in a ventilated incubator.
- The new embryos are grown in an incubator for several days and then implanted into recipient females.
2North American A place, especially with support staff and equipment, made available at low rent to new small businesses: [as modifier]: an incubator project
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The money will be used to build on Bradford University's existing commitment to helping generate new firms through ‘themed’ business incubators which support and nurture start-up companies.
- Vorkink said the project would involve the establishment of business incubators and mediating services for finding jobs.
- It will be located in a disadvantaged area of Johannesburg and feature a business incubator where black business support services will be promoted.
Definición de incubator en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán