sustantivo[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A compound which is an acetic acid derivative of indole, especially one found as a natural growth hormone (auxin) in plants.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Chemical formula: C8H6(CH3COOH)N; seven isomers; auxin is indole-3-acetic acid
- The plant hormone auxin (indoleacetic acid) plays a role in specifying the pattern of root cells, and mutations affecting its localization lead to root defects.
- In addition, various combinations of the following hormones were also added: naphthylacetic acid, 3 - indoleacetic acid, with 6-benzylaminopurine or kinetin.
- A bacterial substance known as indoleacetic acid may play a part in sprout inhibition.
Más definiciones de indoleacetic acidDefinición de indoleacetic acid en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.