Definición de indolent en inglés:
- They didn't want any competition in the lazy and indolent stakes.
- The workers are lazy indolent villains and the leaders are intelligent, hard working visionaries.
- He has perhaps been as determined to realize his odd project as his proudly indolent subject was determined to avoid exertion.
- Prostate cancer is an indolent disease in most men.
- In general, the prognosis is favorable and the disease is indolent, with a reported survival rate of 78% at 5 years.
- Classically, prior to HIV or in the absence of severe immuno suppression, it is a fairly indolent skin disease.
- Deep indolent ulcers also require local wound care and antibiotics.
- Most patients are alive at last follow-up, suggesting that the lymphoma is indolent and has a slowly progressive clinical course and a favorable outcome.
- The lesion typically has a very indolent course, which may span decades.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I indolently let others decide what I will do instead of resolutely deciding myself.
- She indolently sat up, goose bumps forming up and down her bare arms from the chilliness usually associated with dawn, and looked at the alarm clock beside her bed.
- Of course it wasn't like Markus was being subtle, the way he was indolently wafting along, looking like he'd just been crowned Emperor of the Universe.
Mid 17th century: from late Latin indolent-, from in- 'not' + dolere 'suffer or give pain'. The sense 'idle' arose in the early 18th century.
It now means ‘lazy’, but indolent was originally a medical term, referring to an ulcer or tumour that caused no pain to the patient. This reflects its root, Latin in- ‘not’ and dolere ‘to suffer or give pain’.
Palabras que riman con indolentsomnolent • excellent
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.