The use of or preference for inductive methods of reasoning, especially in science.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hume's analysis has been interpreted as reinforcing Baconian inductivism.
- The presence of both an element of deductivism and inductivism (the feedback loop) is indicative of the positivist foundations of quantitative research.
- For, unlike determinate abstraction, empiricist and rationalist abstraction is characterised by both inductivism and deductivism.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Put bluntly, he is an old-fashioned empiricist and inductivist.
- On the inductivist's view the link between wincing and groaning, on the one hand, and the inner experience of pain, on the other, is a merely contingent one.
- It's not so much that Popper disagreed with Carnap and other inductivists as that he restated their views in a bizarre and cumbersome terminology.
Definición de inductivism en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.