Not achieving maximum productivity; wasting or failing to make the best use of time or resources: inefficient transport systems the government was both inefficient and corrupt
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This he ascribed to two trends: declining productivity growth and the inefficient use of labour.
- Indeed, it would be inefficient to waste time perfecting the literary value.
- A fall in asset turnover is normally associated with an inefficient use of resources within a business.
ineffective, ineffectual, inefficacious, incompetent, inept, incapable, unfit, unsuitable, unskilled, unskilful, inexpert, amateurish;
disorganized, badly organized, unprepared, undisciplined, negligent, lax, slipshod, sloppy, slack, remiss, careless
informal lousy, useless
British vulgar slang couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery
uneconomical, wasteful, purposeless, unproductive, time-wasting, slow, slow-moving, awkward, unwieldy, cumbersome, badly arranged, deficient, disorganized, unsystematic
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Insulin resistance, a condition in which the body handles glucose poorly because cells respond inefficiently to insulin, is a precursor to type II diabetes.
- A man who exercises his faculties but does so inefficiently or badly cannot be said to be making a success of his life.
- She said: ‘It is appalling that public money is being used so inefficiently.’
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: in|ef¦fi|cient
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda