adjetivoMedicine & Zoology
(Of a woman or female animal) having low or zero fecundity; unable to bear children or young.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The total proportion of infecund among 45-49 year olds is about 70% in most cases and among 40-44 year old it is about 50%.
- The experience of physicians shows that there are a number of infecund or sterile married couples in the population.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Women with either resolved or unresolved infecundity were significantly older than fecund women (mean = 31.6 yr, 32.1 yr, and 30.5 yr, respectively).
- Overall, the results of our analyses suggested that consumption of contaminated sportfish from Lake Ontario was not a significant risk factor for either resolved or unresolved infecundity.
- I was astonished to learn that throughout their life they have lived on the margins of the society, most of them unmarried or dumped due to infecundity, but they demonstrated far more tenacity and courage than any other sufferers.
Late Middle English: from Latin infecundus, from in- 'not' + fecundus 'fecund'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: in|fec¦und
Definición de infecund en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda