Definición de infest en inglés:
- Fleas infest the animal (rats, but other rodents as well), and these fleas move freely over to human hosts.
- His McGill ghetto apartment is infested with mice and, try as he might, he can't seem to get rid of them.
- The species was believed to have been wiped out in 1918 when rats infested their home island.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Campaigners warn that Britain's streets could be plagued by vermin infestations if people continue to dump their rubbish irresponsibly.
- Movies about the end of the world or uncontrollable plagues and infestations are huge box office successes.
- Indeed, worm infestations, lice and a variety of other health problems plague the residents of the water villages.
This has the sense ‘torment, harass’ in early examples. It goes back to Latin infestare ‘assail’, from infestus ‘hostile’. The current sense ‘trouble in large numbers’ dates from the mid 16th century.
Palabras que riman con infestabreast, arrest, attest, beau geste, behest, bequest, best, blessed, blest, breast, Brest, Bucharest, Budapest, celeste, chest, contest, crest, digest, divest, guest, hest, ingest, jest, lest, Midwest, molest, nest, northwest, pest, prestressed, protest, quest, rest, self-addressed, self-confessed, self-possessed, southwest, suggest, test, Trieste, unaddressed, unexpressed, unimpressed, unpressed, unstressed, vest, west, wrest, zest
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.