1Implant or insert firmly in something: the particles of mercury will infix themselves in the structure of the other metal it is a habit of thought deeply infixed in modern readers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The infixing structure is utilized to secure fixing of the lampshades at any position on the conducting support tubes.
- Conventional dart tags were infixed on 1871 sailfish from 15 April 1996.
2 Grammar Insert (a formative element) into the body of a word.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- You don't say like in English I talked - I will talk, but infixing, you have morphemes which are within the root.
- The text which sparked this query to the List was an analysis of expletive infixing.
- A linguist enthusiastically explained to me that swearing is the only example of infixing in the English language and I was happy, for I had learned something.
A formative element inserted in a word.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The suffixes and infixes are organized under two headings: nouns, adjectives, and pronouns and verbs.
- In the following table, we give the prefix and infix notations and the corresponding expansions.
- After excluding unusual ones not used in modem Spanish, there are still about sixty derivatives for a single verb, and many of the transformation rules are irregular, both in suffixes and in infixes.
- ( Grammar )Oraciones de ejemplo
- I even take into account whether things are prefixes or suffixes (the famous problem you saw in your assignment, with Tagalog infixation).
- She seems not to know that there are hundreds of mentions of this phenomenon in the technical literature on phonology, the central work being John McCarthy's 1982 Language paper, ‘Prosodic structure and expletive infixation’.
- I once heard ‘an entirely nother’, which disproves the infixation story.
Definición de infix en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda