1 (also point of inflection) Mathematics A point of a curve at which a change in the direction of curvature occurs.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In any case, our sample size of 500 was sufficient to have crossed the inflection point on the sampling curve.
- We estimated the growth-rate constant K, and the inflection point I, using the equations in Table 1.
- This would give a sensitive initial portion to the curve, an inflexion point at 10-15 Gy, followed by a more resistant portion.
2chiefly US (In business) a time of significant change in a situation; a turning point: the economy has crossed an inflection point and is poised for bigger things
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The financial crisis has now reached an undeniable inflection point.
- Malawi's not yet, from what I can tell, anywhere near the inflection point.
- Specifically we want to show why we use sentiment data to forecast market inflection points.
Definición de inflection point en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda