- Iran has had to endure 20 years of coping with massive influxes of Afghan refugees fleeing the Soviet invasion and the subsequent civil wars.
- The report shows civil servants are making contingency plans for an influx of 14m new arrivals.
- The UN was yesterday preparing for a massive refugee influx into the border region.
- The lower Texas coast is on the ‘dirty’ side of the storm, virtually guaranteeing strong influxes of rich Gulf water into the major bays and estuaries.
- The environment of this particular limestone during the Pliocene was shallow open marine and was probably near a point where constant influxes from a river were common.
- Finally, the bulk flow that drives translocation requires the influx of water into sieve elements.
Late 16th century (denoting an inflow of liquid, gas, or light): from late Latin influxus, from influere 'flow in' (see influence).
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: in¦flux
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.