sustantivo (plural infundibula /-ˈdɪbjʊlə/)Anatomy & Zoology
- 1A funnel-shaped cavity or structure.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The surgeon performs lateral retraction of the junction of the infundibulum (ie, funnel-shaped passage or structure) of the gallbladder and cystic duct.
- Simultaneous contraction of the meridional and radial muscles probably flattens the infundibular surface and bends the rim of the infundibulum towards the acetabulum.
- The cuticle is shed from the infundibulum and the acetabulum simultaneously as a single unit.
- 1.1The hollow stalk which connects the hypothalamus and the posterior pituitary gland.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The neurohypophysis proper comprises the median eminence of the tuber cinereum, the infundibulum, the pituitary stalk, and the posterior or neural lobe of the pituitary gland.
- Unlike hypothalamic gangliocytomas, also known as neuronal hamartomas, pituitary gangliocytomas are not attached to the infundibulum or hypothalamus and tend to be endocrinologically active.
- These strikingly similar findings provide additional support for the claim that the total number of spermatozoa in eggs not only reflects the abundance of spermatozoa in the infundibulum, but also that within the entire oviduct.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Bilateral uncal and tonsillar herniations were present, and a thick graywhite exudate entrapped the vasculature of the circle of Willis, optic chiasm, infundibular stalk, and cranial nerves.
- The neurohypophysis, or posterior pituitary, is derived from an evagination of the infundibular portion of the diencephalon of the brain.
- The 3rd ventricle is a vertically oriented slit which has a small ventral extension (the infundibular recess).
mid 16th century: from Latin, 'funnel', from infundere 'pour in'.
Más definiciones de infundibulumDefinición de infundibulum en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.