- A block of steel, gold, silver, or other metal, typically oblong in shape.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In some southern areas of China they are made in the shape of the gold and silver ingots (yuan bao) that were used as money in ancient China; this augurs good fortune as well as good eating.
- Sheffield plate was discovered in 1742 by Thomas Boulsover, who was able to fuse sheets of sterling silver onto copper ingots.
- The result is that Cuba's territorial waters are a treasure diver's dream, covering fortunes in Spanish gold and silver, ingots, coins and jewellery.
late Middle English (denoting a mould in which metal is cast): perhaps from in + Old English goten, past participle of geotan 'pour, cast'.
Más definiciones de ingotDefinición de ingot en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.