- 1Harmed, damaged, or impaired: a road accident left him severely injuredMás ejemplos en oraciones
- As a result he suffered head fractures, a wasted hand, an injured spine and damage to his kidneys.
- A clean-up operation is under way at a Rendall salmon-farm to remove thousands of dead and injured fish following damage to sea cages on Friday night.
- Many homes, schools, mosques and offices were damaged and thousands of injured people were taken to hospital.
- 2Offended: his injured prideMás ejemplos en oraciones
wronged, offended, abused, maltreated, mistreated, ill-treated, ill-used, harmed; defamed, vilified, maligned, insulted, dishonoured, impugned, denigratedwounded, reproachful, offended, piqued, pained, aggrieved; unhappy, cut to the quick, put out, disgruntled, displeasedBritish • informal not best pleased
- It is reasonable to suggest therefore that her victory helped to heal the wounds of injured national pride.
- Battling to restore their injured pride, London Broncos pushed St Helens all the way, but lost their clash at home on Saturday 30-20.
- Adding insult to Dunfermline's injured pride was Scott McLean who nabbed a late fourth for Partick who must have wished this game would never end.