- 1Entrails.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Haggis traditionally contains sheep innards such as lungs and hearts, and this dish is clearly not for those whose stomachs are of a delicate disposition.
- Grasp the squid's head and innards as far inside the body as you can; pull gently.
- Hill struggled under the horse's weight, the stench of burnt flesh and innards assaulting his nose like a locomotive.
- 1.1The internal workings of a device or machine.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The strings drone and yawn as if they were the innards of some great machine that makes everything turn.
- But when you're done you can see the innards of the machine while you use it.
- He had a special key to do this and only he was allowed to fiddle with the innards of the machines.
early 19th century: representing a dialect pronunciation of inwards, used as a noun.