Definición de inordinate en inglés:
- She testified that the project was creating an inordinate amount of paper work, far in excess of the norm.
- And so they love ease and repose for their pleasure, but they keep themselves from inordinate excess.
- The book is infuriating in so many ways that it would take an inordinate amount of space to do justice to it, and I'm not sure whether to take it seriously.
- [as submodifier]: an inordinately expensive businessMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Litigation, which is inordinately expensive and time consuming, should ordinarily be regarded as a weapon of last resort, not of first resort.
- Building on such a scale was inordinately expensive and progress in finishing the abbey was very slow.
- We humans, particularly the ones who like to think of ourselves as being particularly intelligent are inordinately proud of our ability to perform abstract thought.
Late Middle English: from Latin inordinatus, from in- 'not' + ordinatus 'arranged, set in order' (past participle of ordinare).
coordinate from mid 17th century:
This was first recorded with the senses ‘of the same rank’ and ‘place in the same rank’. It is formed from the prefix co- ‘together’ and the Latin base ordo ‘order’. From this root come inordinate (Late Middle English) ‘not ordered’ and subordinate (Late Middle English) ‘below in order’.
Palabras que riman con inordinatecoordinate, subordinate, superordinate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.