Definición de insalubrious en inglés:
(Of a place) seedy and run-down; unwholesome: a poor area full of insalubrious hotels
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I went into this most insalubrious place with little gnome-like people hunched over indescribable pictures, and I asked the man for this Tokyo Rose.
- The conditions they lived in were atrocious: overcrowded lodging houses, cellars, and garrets, shanty towns in the insalubrious districts beyond the town walls.
- Shortly before his death he separated from his second wife and went to live in an insalubrious suburb of Paris.
slummy, slum-like, squalid, shabby, ramshackle, tumbledown, run down, down at heel, dilapidated, neglected, uncared-for, unmaintained, crumbling, decaying, gone to rack and ruin
British informal grotty
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- An argument against this, however, is that following the Civil War the South did experience considerable migration from the North despite its reputation for insalubrity.
- For, as we have seen, the misfortunes of the city were due to the insalubrity of its climate and the collapse of the Portuguese power and commerce in the East.
- It will in all probability become a place of the first consequence, notwithstanding the insalubrity of its climate, and the dreadful tempests it is subject to in winter.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda