Definición de insalubrious en inglés:
(Of a place) seedy and run-down; unwholesome: a poor area full of insalubrious hotels
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I went into this most insalubrious place with little gnome-like people hunched over indescribable pictures, and I asked the man for this Tokyo Rose.
- The conditions they lived in were atrocious: overcrowded lodging houses, cellars, and garrets, shanty towns in the insalubrious districts beyond the town walls.
- Shortly before his death he separated from his second wife and went to live in an insalubrious suburb of Paris.
slummy, slum-like, squalid, shabby, ramshackle, tumbledown, run down, down at heel, dilapidated, neglected, uncared-for, unmaintained, crumbling, decaying, gone to rack and ruin
British informal grotty
- Example sentences
- An argument against this, however, is that following the Civil War the South did experience considerable migration from the North despite its reputation for insalubrity.
- For, as we have seen, the misfortunes of the city were due to the insalubrity of its climate and the collapse of the Portuguese power and commerce in the East.
- It will in all probability become a place of the first consequence, notwithstanding the insalubrity of its climate, and the dreadful tempests it is subject to in winter.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan