- 1In a state of mind which prevents normal perception, behaviour, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill: he had gone insaneMás ejemplos en oraciones
mentally ill, severely mentally disordered, of unsound mind, certifiable, psychotic, schizophrenic; mad, mad as a hatter, mad as a March hare, deranged, demented, out of one's mind, out of one's head, not in one's right mind, sick in the head, unhinged, unbalanced, unstable, disturbed, crazed, crazy, hysterical; Latin non compos mentis; British sectionable• informal raving mad, stark staring/raving mad, away with the fairies, not all there, bonkers, cracked, batty, bats, cuckoo, loony, loopy, nuts, nutty, nutty as a fruitcake, screwy, bananas, off one's rocker, off one's head, off one's chump, off one's nut, off the wall, round the bendBritish • informal crackers, barmy, barking, barking mad, off one's trolley, round the twist, as daft as a brush, not the full shillingCanadian & Australian/New Zealand • informal bushedNew Zealand • informal porangi
- And anyway, why would we consider Nietzsche's writings the product of an insane mind?
- But them my parents would think I was mentally insane, and send me off to some special school.
- It was one of those awkward silences that made me want to scream and break my mirror to prevent myself from going insane.
- 1.1(Of an action or quality) characterized or caused by madness: his eyes were glowing with insane furyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There was an insane feeding frenzy going on inside the reception tent.
- He is propelled into an insane frenzy.
- He lay on his back, knocked down by Michelle's flying fists that connected with his jaw in an insane fury.
- 1.3Extremely foolish; irrational: she had an insane desire to giggleMás ejemplos en oraciones
extremely foolish, idiotic, stupid, silly, senseless, nonsensical, pointless, absurd, ridiculous, ludicrous, farcical, laughable, preposterous, weird, bizarre, fatuous, inane, imbecilic, moronic, asinine, mindless, hare-brained, half-baked, ill-conceived; impracticable, untenable, implausible, unreasonable, irrational, illogical, unrealistic, unthinkable
- At the same time, all this does is alienate liberal supporters who are perplexed by her insane and pointless maneuvring.
- For people to go out and say my agent made a mistake is utterly ridiculous and insane.
- I am baffled at the ridiculous insane media coverage.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When I first saw it, I thought it was from some super fantastic and insanely expensive brand!
- No doubt if Brittany and Jess had have been there, they'd have been telling me to stop being so insanely stupid and make the most of it.
- He laughed as if the thought of it all was so insanely absurd, but true nonetheless.
mid 16th century: from Latin insanus, from in- 'not' + sanus 'healthy'.