Incapable of feeling or understanding things; inanimate: it’s arrogant to presume animals to be insentient
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is an umbrella term, applicable equally to concrete and abstract, immediate or remembered, sensory or conceptual, subjective or objective, sentient or insentient, organic or inorganic, and so on.
- And not only are the men fond of it, even such insentient creatures as plants and trees have become infected and take delight in it.
- Here, Feinberg denies that an insentient potential person has interests at all.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- We may be battered practically into insentience, and we may simultaneously be hurting beyond what anyone could imagine.
- A short period of insentience or unawareness as a prelude to death - usually lasting for no more than a few days - does not violate intrinsic human dignity.
- He began to wonder if his gift might have been a curse: the ancient mariner has ‘strange power of speech’, but yearns to be relieved of it, restored to insentience and silence.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: in|sen|tient
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda