Pronunciación: /ˈɪnsɛt /
- 1A thing that is put in or inserted: a pair of doors with their original stained-glass insetsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- An enclosed entrance porch leads to the original front door with stained glass insets, beyond which is the spacious entrance hallway.
- The front door, which has stained glass insets, opens into a hall with a dado rail and polished timber floorboards.
- The original ornate fireplace with a tiled inset forms the focal point and the window has great views over Sandymount Strand.
- 1.1A small picture or map inserted within the border of a larger one.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The book has a twenty-four-page inset of pictures of Walcott, his family, friends, and associates, his sketches, and his productions.
- The inset shows ELAV-positive cells within the clone in the ventral eye.
- A small portrait, as an inset in all these posters, had the answer.
- 1.2A section of cloth or needlework inserted into a garment: elastic insets in the waistbandMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Grids of rice-paper squares punctuated by areas of stitching and little insets of lace and netting suggest quilts, while lacy edgings connote pillowcases and hand towels.
- Her tones were rich but muted, especially a satin of Prussian blue, while she added brilliance to chic black evening gowns with splashes of fuchsia insets or beadwork.
- James Fereira added pleated insets to the split palla.
- 1.3An insert in a magazine or other publication.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I was bemused by the four advertisement insets adorning the right side of the aforementioned article.
Pronunciación: /ɪnˈsɛt /(insets, insetting; past and past participle inset or insetted) Volver al principio
- 1Put in (something) as an inset: washbasins are usually inset into a toilet table to form a vanity unitMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Article ads that got seen the most were ones inset into article text.
- Lifts are surrounded by glowing glass; and luminous white glass boxes are inset into the bar's polished stone counter in the ground floor cafe.
- Personally I would have liked to see it either be hidden a little better, or totally remove the door and just inset the connections into the acrylic.
- 1.1Decorate with an inset: tables inset with ceramic tilesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- To one side of the balcony door, nearer the bed, stood a substantial armoir, again in mahogany, with etched jade panels inset into its double doors.
- The arch was inset with sculptural reliefs depicting the campaigns of the French armies in Italy, while in front and behind it there stood figures of Liberty and Triumph on circular podia.
- Entering through the flagstone wall, the lobby's black terrazzo floor is inset with fragments of locally mined gems and copper ore.
Más definiciones de INSETDefinición de inset en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.