- 1At sea but close to the shore: inshore waters around ShetlandMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Pigeon Guillemots are found along rocky shores and inshore waters along the Pacific coast from Alaska to California.
- Underwater arches, eel gardens, reef walls, sharks, octopi - everything a diver could want, especially deep water close inshore.
- If you want to be independent, go to any promontory, headland or peninsula that has deep water close inshore and allows you to stand on a cliff a good height above water level.
- 1.1Used at sea but close to the shore: an inshore lifeboatMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The inshore lifeboat manoeuvred close inshore to pick up three of the youngsters while the fourth, who had scrambled further up the cliff, was rescued by the Coastguard team by cliff line.
- A police helicopter with an infra-red camera, the coastguard team from Canvey, Gravesend RNLI and two inshore lifeboats spent two and a half hours searching for the man after they were alerted on Friday night.
- The port's inshore and all-weather lifeboats were scrambled after one of the canoeists, who were in three boats, called for help on a mobile phone soon after leaving Whitby harbour.
adverbioVolver al principio
- Towards or closer to the shore: birds heading inshore to their breeding sitesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Later that day the new duty crew were scrambled to attempt to put a team of salvage experts on board the Kodima, which by now was being driven inshore towards Whitsand Bay, which was liberally scattered with planks of wood from the cargo.
- Ocean sunfish are most commonly observed several miles offshore, but on occasion may be seen closer inshore around oilrigs and drifting kelp paddies.
- Otter trawlers encountered many juveniles inshore off the south shore of Long Island in the winter of 1987-1988.
- Nearer to shore than.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After all this excitement and another cup of coffee, we waited until white water appeared along a reef inshore of the Knivestone, the Farnes' most offshore island.
- It's easy to find, night or day, by the huge stacks of its power plant, right inshore of the marina complex.
- I would recommend beginning the dive just inshore of this, and to the south side.
Más definiciones de inshoreDefinición de inshore en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.