- With the inner surface turned outwards: she put her dress on inside outMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A sudden violent gust of wind which blew it inside out and sideways, so all the spokes got bent out of shape.
- We didn't have a clue what we were doing as the thing was blown inside out, outside in and upside down.
- From November to March its rooms are booked up more quickly than umbrellas turn inside out.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Having the inner surface turned outwards: inside-out clothesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- My umbrella was worryingly teetering halfway between inside-out and not-inside-out.
- Personal advantages there may be for those who are wet-behind-the-ears, it doesn't follow that the world exists in the inside-out state.
- That this belt is on a pair of inside-out jeans makes him especially pathetic, but somehow it doesn't diminish one's respect for his intelligence.
know something inside out
- Know something very thoroughly: she knows the moor inside outMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But he has come a long way in a year and now knows the business inside out.
- So it's important for a good Stage Manager to know the play inside out and back to front.
- If you don't know it inside out and backwards, you are in trouble.
turn something inside out
- Turn the inner surface of something outwards: she played with her gloves, turning each finger inside outMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Hand it to a knitter and they would look, admire and then turn it inside out to check out the steeks, whether you weave or carry your yarn, knot or splice and check out the stitching.
- This is rather like turning a sock inside out, only with the surface of the sock covered with numerous tiny hooks.
- Petruchio, having declared it unfit for her, turned the right red cap inside out so that the brown lining was displayed.
- Change something utterly: it is not so easy to turn your whole life inside outMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In the poem, Coleridge takes that ancient image of human purpose, the triumphant journey to master a world, and reverses it, turns it inside out.
- Camp is a world where the norms of society are turned upside down and inside out into a culture of its own.
- Accordingly, architectural practice needs to be turned inside-out.
Más definiciones de inside outDefinición de inside out en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.