- 1As an alternative or substitute: do not use lotions, but put on a clean dressing instead she never married, preferring instead to remain singleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Even as a baby she did not gurgle or babble in her cot and instead remained silent.
- So do they list a number for you to call instead, rather than waiting for them to call you back?
- I need to either find a way to make this clearer, or put complete entries on the page instead.
- 1.1 (instead of) As a substitute or alternative to; in place of: walk to work instead of going by carMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They will try to find alternate means and may have a sandwich instead of a proper meal.
- The move will see the regular grey bin collected on a fortnightly instead of a weekly basis.
- In front of it, however, instead of a courtyard or public square, there is a car park.