Definición de instep en inglés:
1The part of a person’s foot between the ball and the ankle.
- Open your stance slightly, play the ball back - opposite the instep of your right foot - and make a steep, aggressive swing.
- Your stance should be open, and you should play the ball off your left instep.
- Even the non-gymnasts could see that Miss Korbut wore a bandage of tape on her left ankle and instep for some of the routines, and Miss Tourischeva had an elastic brace on her left knee.
1.1The part of a shoe which fits over or under the instep: the shoes are comfortable because they have a moulded instep
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Always be sure that your pants break over your shoe instep to create the illusion of a longer leg.
- Iron and stone were used for footwear and some 13th-Century, middle-class citizens wore shoes with insteps inlaid with diamonds and rubies.
- The most popular ones are those with a single band going across the instep.
late Middle English: of unknown origin; compare with West Frisian ynstap 'opening in a shoe for insertion of the foot'.
Definición de instep en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan