- 1Of, in, or like an institution or institutions: institutional care an institutional investorMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Of those who survive, about another 20% will end up in institutional care who weren't in that before the stroke.
- Caring for someone in their own home is very different from institutional care.
- He does, however, reflect a shift in writers' economic practices and the institutional conditions of freelance practice.
- 1.1(Especially of surroundings) impersonal and unappealing: the rooms are rather drab and institutionalMás ejemplos en oraciones
unappetizing, unpalatable, inedible, uneatable, distasteful, unsavoury, insipid, bland, tasteless, flavourless, savourless; unappealing, uninviting, off-putting, unattractive, uninteresting, dull, unpleasant, disagreeable; uniform, unvarying, unvaried, unchanging, monotonous, regimented• informal wishy-washydreary, dingy, dismal, gloomy, drab, colourless, grey, grim, cheerless, joyless, sombre, cold, depressing, impersonal, formal, off-putting, unwelcoming, uninviting, forbidding; desolate, austere, severe, stark, spartan, bare, clinical, sterile
- Coupled with the bleached out grey/green institutional wasteland of the hospital, a tense and unsettling atmosphere is created.
- Jim walked warily into the drab institutional room, nodding to the inhabitant.
- The shelter's inside will be brightened up by getting rid of its institutional yellow paint.
- 1.2Expressed through or organized in the form of institutions: institutional religionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Here, Chris focuses on what Weber called instrumental rationality, as exemplified in institutional religion.
- Nor is it critique of institutional religion - as if church hypocrisy or narrow dogma were keeping out the living God.
- Could institutional religion have outlived its usefulness?
- 2(Of advertising) intended to create prestige rather than immediate sales.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Institutional advertising ‘sells’ the company's brand, mission, reputation and values.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We have no such bricks-and-mortar institutionalism to counter, nor a safe structure within which to slowly develop.
- On the other hand, one can consider liberalism or liberal institutionalism as an alternative to realism and neorealism.
- One adaptation of an approach that was originally applied to the study of domestic politics that Hix drew upon was new institutionalism.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Reinforcement was considered superficial when diminution of institutionally provided aversive control was also attached.
- The only source of power attainable in Ireland today is democracy, institutionally adapted in the case of Northern Ireland to the needs of a deeply divided society.
- The laws on punishment for corruption are strict and probation or pardons are institutionally restricted, contrary to this country's practice.