sustantivo[mass noun] Law
- The sense in which the law understands or interprets something, such as the true intention of an Act: the intendment of the ConstitutionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Turning to the present case, the question then arises whether the true intendment of the contract was such as to permit an immediate withdrawal of the licence.
- Who, it is to be asked, is within the legislative grasp or intendment, of the statute under consideration?
- Might I say, if you look at intendment, again Justice Dixon seems to have constructed his more narrow conception of section 75 around a very different circumstance.
late Middle English (denoting an intended meaning): from Old French entendement, from entendre 'intend'.
Más definiciones de intendmentDefinición de intendment en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.