- 1A point where two systems, subjects, organizations, etc. meet and interact: the interface between accountancy and the lawMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Significant potential for new intervention strategies lies at the interface between these systems.
- The key account manager acts as the primary interface between the supplier organization and the customer.
- Yet the distinction is not always clear, as the interface between individual and organizational workplace issues is often significant and complex.
- 1.1chiefly Physics A surface forming a common boundary between two portions of matter or space, for example between two immiscible liquids: the surface tension of a liquid at its air/liquid interfaceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- To get this weak force to effectively push a liquid surface, the team produced a liquid interface with low surface tension.
- The setup is currently upgraded by the simultaneous measurement of the surface tension of the interface.
- The effect of other properties of the interfaces (polarity, surface charge density) remains to be precisely determined.
- 2 Computing A device or program enabling a user to communicate with a computer: a graphical user interfaceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They use a natural interface which enables users to highlight, scribble notes, bookmark and annotate.
- Using these interfaces enables numerous Windows programs to view mainframe data directly.
- The interaction between the computer interface and the user is far from perfect even for people who are computer literate.
- 2.1A device or program for connecting two items of hardware or software so that they can be operated jointly or communicate with each other: an application program interfaceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The gateway holds the hardware interfaces and software protocol stacks to get all the various technologies talking nicely to one another.
- Its standardized platform hardware interface allows the software and drivers to work across various platforms.
- A laptop with recording software and a USB interface can serve as a totally portable recording studio.
verbo[no object] (interface with) Volver al principio
- 1Interact with (another system, person, etc.): you will interface with counterparts from sister companiesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- All systems will have to be automated, and operating and control systems will have to be able to interface with medical systems.
- Sadly an older model couldn't interface with the phone system, leaving her stuck with this.
- The other units, already notified and instructed by the node, began to interface with the weapons systems and set up a force in the docking bay.
- 2 Computing Connect with (another computer or piece of equipment) by an interface: the hotel’s computer system can interface automatically with the booking system [with object]: a device which can be interfaced with a computerMás ejemplos en oraciones
- One of Linux's greatest assets is its ability to add value to legacy technology investments by connecting and interfacing with old equipment or software.
- Ideally, it would interface with your computer desktop.
- The sound and video tracks are run on a DVD player, modified to interface with the computer.
Más definiciones de interfaceDefinición de interface en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.