1An abrupt remark, especially as an aside or interruption: barracking and interjections from the protesters
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Conversely, the interjection of an apology into this situation yields several ameliorative results.
- My colleague John Key interjects with the best interjection of all.
- When a person asking a question chooses to make an unnecessary and offensive remark, he is inviting an interjection at that point.
1.1An exclamation, especially as a part of speech (e.g. ah!, dear me!).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In English, conjunctions, determiners, interjections, particles, and pronouns are grammatical words.
- I am working on a book about the parts of speech - that's right, nouns, verbs, interjections and all the rest.
- Two significant categories, of course - an article lacking interjections and pronouns, for example, would not pack the punch of one without any nouns or verbs.
Palabras que riman con interjectionabjection, affection, circumspection, collection, complexion, confection, connection, convection, correction, defection, deflection, dejection, detection, direction, ejection, election, genuflection, imperfection, infection, inflection, injection, inspection, insurrection, interconnection, intersection, introspection, lection, misdirection, objection, perfection, predilection, projection, protection, refection, reflection, rejection, resurrection, retrospection, section, selection, subjection, transection, vivisection
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: inter|jec¦tion
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda