Pronunciación: /ɪntəˈlɒk /[no object]
- 1(Of two or more things) engage with each other by overlapping or by the fitting together of projections and recesses: their fingers interlocked (as adjective interlocking) a design of interlocking leavesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The two swords interlocked with each other, creating a double-edged blade.
- Her uncle looked at his little niece, her face flashing orange and green and her fingers interlocking in awkwardness.
- Their fingers interlocked lovingly as he stared into her eyes.
- 1.1 [with object] Lock or join (things) together: the two planes were almost interlocked as they climbed togetherMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The self-climbing scaffolds are interlocked and climb together.
- The spicules are interlocked or joined to form the shell wall.
- The loom's upper beam is then pulled down, to interlock the threads together.
Pronunciación: /ˈɪntəlɒk /Volver al principio
- 1A device or mechanism for connecting or coordinating the function of different components: a safety interlock to stop the blades spinningMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We couldn't do this to both engines because a mechanical interlock prevents moving both condition levers to feather.
- The bladder is blow molded over the frame with mechanical interlocks, formed in the molding process, holding the structure together.
- These dumbwaiters are designed much like a standard elevator, with built-in safety brakes and safety interlocks that prevent operation if any door is open.
- 2 (also interlock fabric) [mass noun] A fabric knitted with closely interlocking stitches allowing it to stretch: a dress in soft interlock [count noun]: a cotton interlock in black or plumMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Made of 100% combed cotton interlock fabric, it has cap sleeves and a round neck.
- For lettucing or ruffling, choose a fabric that has crosswise stretch, such as a cotton/spandex blend, cotton interlock or ribbing.
- Is it possible to dye cotton interlock successfully?