1A pause or break: he was granted an intermission in his studies [mass noun]: the daily work goes on without intermission
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Vacation literally means an intermission, a period of rest, a break from routine, a time for recreation or a pause from work.
- It is also important to leave time for discussion during the activity, through the use of predetermined or spontaneous pauses or intermissions.
- You may have to take an intermission for a pee break around track 10, but if you crank it loud enough (which you'll want to) you won't miss a beat.
interval, interlude, entr'acte, break, recess, pause, rest, respite, breathing space, lull, gap, stop, stoppage, halt;
Australian/New Zealand informal smoko
1.1An interval between parts of a play, film, or concert.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A show is structured differently from a film, with an intermission planned in the middle.
- Yet should one recommend a play for its intermission?
- If one complaint can be made, it's the fact that an intermission had to be inserted smack dab in the middle of this blistering musical celebration.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda