- An engine which generates motive power by the burning of petrol, oil, or other fuel with air inside the engine, the hot gases produced being used to drive a piston or do other work as they expand.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The internal-combustion engine has replaced steam-power for agricultural machinery, and improved transport has led to the development of a world market for some agricultural products.
- The previous tech advance started at the end of the 19th century and was due mainly to the development of both the electric motor and the internal-combustion engine.
- The energy bill also includes a new tax credit for buyers of hybrid cars, which combine an electric motor with an internal-combustion engine.
Más definiciones de internal-combustion engineDefinición de internal-combustion engine en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.