Definición de internode en inglés:
1A slender part between two nodes or joints, in particular:
- In type II divergence, the evolutionary rate for a specific site is accelerated somewhere along the basal internode that connects the two subfamilies.
- The branching pattern observed in Figure 1 shows that the early eutherian radiation was rather rapid (note the short basal internodes coupled with long terminal branches).
- The articulated colonies of Crisia fragment into their constituent internodes after decay of the elastic joints.
1.1 Botany A part of a plant stem between two of the nodes from which leaves emerge.
- The shoot, especially in the upper part, was elongated in OB plants with longer internodes but the same leaf number.
- The upright clump of leaves observed on 11 December 1987 was a vestige of the future upright, leafy stem with very short internodes between the leaves.
- Buds in the axils of the bracts expanded and repeated the pattern; each had a prophyll that remained in the bract axil, a long internode, then a succession of leaves with shorter internodes and a terminal spikelet.
mid 17th century: from Latin internodium, from inter- 'between' + nodus 'knot'.
Definición de internode en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan