Definición de interosseous en inglés:
1Situated between bones, in particular:
- It is attached to the cuboid by an interosseous ligament and to the cuboid and navicular bones by the strong bifurcate ligament.
- The sacroiliac ligament is a strong interosseous connection between the sacrum and ilium on the posterior surface.
- It is innervated by the anterior interosseous nerve and may be represented as the tibialis posterior of the leg.
1.1 Anatomy Of or denoting certain muscles of the hand and foot.
- The ulnar nerve also innervates the adductor pollicis and first dorsal interosseous muscles, which allow pinch.
- The palmer interosseous muscles adduct the fingers toward the axial line or the middle digit, and the dorsal interosseous muscles are abductors of the fingers.
- The dorsal interosseous muscles are larger than their plantar counterparts, are four in number, and fill the intermetatarsal spaces.
1.2Of or denoting certain arteries of the forearm.
- It may join the radial artery at the wrist, or if the radial stops short of the carpus the posterior interosseous artery may replace it.
- Still more rarely, it gives rise to the interosseous artery or a vas aberrans.
- The ulnar artery has been found taking a superficial course when arising in the usual situation, and in these cases also the recurrent and interosseous arteries may be given off by the radial trunk.
Definición de interosseous en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary