1(In a parliament) interrupt the order of the day by demanding an explanation from (the minister concerned).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I said I did not have the capability to become premier because many legislators were interpellating the premier in [Hoklo, more commonly known as Taiwanese], and I could not understand Taiwanese 100 percent.
- Ruling and opposition lawmakers expressed their disagreement with the planned revisions when they interpellated Ho at the legislature's Home and Nations Committee meeting yesterday.
- As of last week, 277 members had put their names to a plan to interpellate (formally question) the president over the reasons for his decision.
2 Philosophy (Of an ideology or discourse) bring into being or give identity to (an individual or category).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Subjects are thus interpellated into the symbolic order as gendered and raced beings and are recognizable only in reference to the existing grid of intelligibility.
- The history plays as a whole arguably concern the way in which people are interpellated by their symbolic titles, assume or fail to assume their symbolic titles, are transformed by those titles.
- Genres are often seen prescriptively as a means of interpellating the subject into existing norms and hierarchies.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘For more than a month now, the Prime Minister has not been replying to questions and interpellations by the Coalition for Bulgaria in connection with the crisis,’ he added.
- As one of the moves to do away with old politics, there has been a change to the format of the parliamentary interpellation at the plenary session.
- And how might we resist these interpellations, or other potentially painful interpellations?
Palabras que riman con interpellateinterpolate
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: in|ter¦pel|late
Definición de interpellate en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda